R&D for remote monitoring systems that contribute to safe drone delivery operation using multiple drones handled by a single pilot.
Rakuten Group, Inc.
This project will study specifications, define requirements, develop, and verify remote monitoring systems and related technologies that contribute multiple drones operated by a single pilot from a remote location. The data obtained through verification will be analyzed and evaluated to further enhance the level of safety.
Development and verification of Remote Monitoring System
(1) Simultaneous coordination with multiple drones
(2) Linking of information related to the flight area
(3) Features to be linked with drone base
Study on Ground Control Station (GCS)
(4) Ideal GCS for one-to-many operation
(5) Flight verifications through multiple drones operated by a single pilot (FY2023/FY2024)
Final goal (FY2024)
- Development and verification of fundamental technologies necessary to implment safe drone delivery from a remote location using multiple drones operated by a single pilot
- Define drone delivery operation (ConOps) using multiple drones operated by a single pilot and conduct verification experiements.
- Extract, analyze, and summarize issues based on data obtained through demonstration experiments for early social implementation of drone delivery